• PHP and MySQL developer, including OOPS and library development
• Extensive custom eCommerce and Web Application development
• Integration with PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.net, Plaid, and more
• WordPress installation, customization, integration and maintenance, including child themes and custom programming
• HTML 5, CSS 3, and Bootstrap 4
• Extensive UI / UX and information architecture experience, including best practices
• Project and team management, dedicated to quality work for clients
• Friendly, personable, hard-working and a clear communicator
Custom PHP web application development and programming, WordPress installation and customization, eCommerce development and programming, eCommerce integration with WordPress, interface design (UI), user experience (UX), information architecture (IA), multiple project management, creative problem solving, focused leadership and friendly team management, professional writing and editing, object-oriented programming (OOP), broad media experience
Dreamweaver, Photoshop, BBEdit, Transmit, Illustrator, Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), iMovie, Numbers, Pages, Keynote, Director. macOS and Windows proficient.
WordPress Specialist (2010 – present): Install, customize, design, theme, integrate, maintain, train and support a variety of WordPress websites, from simple to highly complex. Extensive experience integrating custom web applications and eCommerce systems within a WordPress website. Also specializing in child themes and theme customizations, including extensive CSS and custom PHP scripting. Familiar with multiple themes, plugins and services. Able to restore hacked WordPress sites as well as secure and maintain WordPress sites to keep them safe and running optimally. Work as an independent subcontractor and with various partners on a variety of WordPress projects.
• Design and program custom web applications, from real estate management software to portfolio systems with easy to use Administration areas.
• eCommerce and custom web applications, from information architecture, to development and coding, to final deployment.
• Design and produce shopping cart systems with secure online credit card processing to highly-complex eCommerce and business management web-based system.
• Overall strength is an excellent combination of design savvy and technical skills, producing powerful yet easy-to-use websites.
• Awards: 2004 Silver Axiem Award for Web Production, Video Web Presentation (Thomas Register); 2003 ProHosting "Site of the Month", Intuitive Theme (New Media Design); 2002 Copper Axiem Award for Web Design, Self-Promotion (New Media Design).
Business Owner (1990 – present): New Media Design LLC, Moorestown, NJ
President and owner of New Media Design, an interactive development firm that combines traditional communication skills with cutting-edge technology. We’ve provided expert interactive design and production since 1993, being one of the first companies in the area to do so. Also develop original interactive products, including interactive greeting cards. Accomplishments:
• Developed websites, eCommerce systems, custom web applications, and WordPress websites for countless clients.
• Programmed over 10 award-winning marketing CD-ROMs for Lucent Technologies.
• Programmed over five medical industry sales force training and marketing CD-ROMs for SimStar.
• Programmed floppy disc-based personal financial advisor for Cigna.
• Awards: 2001 Silver Axiem Award for Interactive Media, "Nutrition" CD-ROM.
iOS App Developer (2009 – 2019): Design, develop, program, and deploy iOS applications (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and tvOS applications (Apple TV) developed with Xcode using Objective C and Swift with the latest SDKs, with apps available in the iTunes Store. Knowledgeable with Interface Builder as well as all core technologies, including: UI Elements, Graphics, Location, Maps, Media, Animation, Data, Multitouch and Gestures, Motion, Backgrounding, Auto Layout, and Universal apps. Expertise in integrating apps with custom PHP-based web services and web applications using MySQL databases. In addition, strong background in UI / UX as well as client and team management.
Certification: iPhone Development and Objective C, Big Nerd Ranch (April 2009).
Developer (2001 – present) Hypno Design, Moorestown, NJ.
Work in close partnership with this top-notch creative agency on complex interactive projects. Duties include:
• Design, program and produce Flash, HTML, ecommerce, and database-driven websites as well as full-scale and business card CD-ROMs.
• Manage multiple projects and subcontractors, work with clients, create unique and successful marketing campaigns, and constantly contribute creative ideas to improve the company's work and growth.
• Production duties include all aspects of design and production, including: information architecture, interface design, PHP and MySQL programming, HTML coding, graphic production, video editing, music scoring, Flash programming, Director programming, testing and debugging, installer setups, and more.
• Clients include mid-size businesses and advertising agencies such as Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, Schering Plough, Herrs, Pfizer, Timberlane, Smith Kline Beecham, Fleet Bank, Oki, Novo, Siemens, Sam Adams, Y100, Philadelphia Newspapers, Art Guild, Lacas Coffee, Business Information Group, SFGT, Domus, Mangos, NetCarrier, Charlotte Shop, Hachik, Triumph Bar, Vox, CHERP, Lippincott Wilkins Williams, West Coast Video, and others.
Other Partners Include: CRT Design Studios (Red Bank, NJ), Agents of Imagery (Palmyra, NJ), Princeton Online (Princeton, NJ), Music Box Productions (New York City, NY).
Web Developer (2001 – present) Idea Lab Marketing, Moorestown, NJ.
Work in close partnership with this top-notch creative agency on complex interactive projects, specializing in custom web applications. Clients include: General Motors, Whitesell, UMDNJ, Camden County College, Ossur, Combat Medical Systems, Moorestown Fire Company, Burris Construction Co., Beechwood Landscape, Giordano, and many others.
Producer (1993 – 2003): Create and produce Game Greetings, game-based interactive greeting cards that are sold on the web. Also created Crazy Cards, a low-brow humor website featuring free Flash games. Experience includes:
• Concept, game design, documentation.
• Art direction, graphic production, budgeting and scheduling.
• Programming using Director and Flash, plus Shockwave and installer packaging.
• Project management, including directing freelance and part-time graphic artists, programmers, sound designers, and voice talent.
Awards: 2000 Silver Axiem Award for Interactive Media, "Birthday Bake A Cake"; 2000 Silver Axiem Award for Interactive Media, "Halloween Make A Monster"; 1999 Silver Axiem Award for Interactive Media, "Santa's Rocket Sleigh."
Programmer (1993 – 2008): Work as a subcontractor to program CD-ROMs and disc-based presentations (over 25 projects to date) using Macromedia Director and high-level, object-oriented Lingo programming. Related experiences include interface design, graphic, sound and video production and preparation, beta testing, documentation, and managing multiple projects and groups of programmers.
• Awards: 2001 Silver Axiem Award for Interactive Media, Educational, for the Nutrition CD-ROM; 1999 Third Place, International Film and Video Awards for Lucent's "Switch" CD-ROM.
• Clients: Lucent, Schering, Cigna, Roche, Oki, Lockheed Martin, Glencoe-McGraw Hill, and the National Institute of Health.
Columnist (1994 – 2001): New York Post, New York, NY
Wrote weekly casino column for the entertainment section of this popular and high circulation tabloid.
Editor (1995 – 1999): Concert Connection Ltd., Bala Cynwyd, PA
Edited music news for 300 of the most popular music groups and teen celebrities for Rolling Stone’s music news web and AOL sites, Concert Connection’s site, and a 900 phone service. As editor, managed 10 freelance and staff writers and helped them improve their writing and reporting. Also responsible for recruiting new writers as well as defining and directing the overall content of the service.
Adjunct Professor (1997 – 1998): Burlington County College, Pemberton, NJ
Taught introduction to multimedia design and production, focusing on Macromedia Director.
Freelance Writer (1990 – 1998): Developed and wrote features for The Philadelphia Inquirer, New Jersey Monthly, Atlantic City Magazine and other publications.
Computer Trainer (1994 – 2002): Trained students on multimedia and desktop publishing software at Berkeley Training Corp. in Bala Cynwyd, PA. Developed extensive multimedia and 3-D curriculum for Berkeley. In addition, trained clients including The Press of Atlantic City in Pleasantville, NJ on desktop publishing using QuarkXPress, Microsoft Word, and DewarView for the PC. On an as needed basis, continue to train clients including TV Guide, Atlantic City Press, and At The Shore on graphic and interactive software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Director).
Producer / Computer Trainer (1995): MacSultants, Moorestown, NJ
Developed multimedia and Internet projects, as well as trained clients on all major Macintosh applications, specializing in multimedia software. Accomplishments included:
• Produced and designed multimedia projects using Director. Also, conducted user tests, developed content, and improved designs through critical evaluations.
• Initiated, designed and created Internet site for Atlantic City casinos.
• Redesigned company’s site. Created look and feel, reorganized, and added fun features.
• Taught basic to advanced levels of Macromedia Director, SoundEdit Pro, Photoshop, Strata StudioPro, Premiere, Illustrator, Freehand, QuarkXPress, Painter, Persuasion, Filemaker, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
DTP Conversion Expert (1994): Atlantic City Press, Pleasantville, NJ
Provided assistance and training to all editorial (news, sports, and features) departments during this daily newspaper's conversion to the DewarView desktop publishing system, which featured QuarkXPress 3 and Windows 3.1.
Publishing (1993 – 1995): On a freelance basis, designed and produced one- to four-color publications using QuarkXPress, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Film Critic (1993): At The Shore, Pleasantville, NJ
Wrote one to two movie reviews a week, critiquing the latest commercial film releases.
Editor (1991 – 1994): At The Shore, Pleasantville, NJ
Designed and desktop published 25 to 50 pages a week in addition to copy editing and managing freelance writers and photographers. At The Shore is a tabloid produced by the Atlantic City Press.
(1989 – 1990): Gloucester County Times, Woodbury, NJ
Wrote reviews (concert, theater, and arts) and about three features weekly, determined content, designed pages, edited copy, worked with photography and paste-up departments.
Awards: 2nd Place, Critical Writing, NJPA (1990); 3rd Place, Special Section Layout and Content, NJPA (1991); Honorable Mention, Critical Writing, NJPA (1991).
(1988 – 1989): Gloucester County Times, Woodbury, NJ
Covered municipal beats, wrote news and investigative features.
BA Communications, Radio/TV/Film Rowan University, NJ
3.50 overall GPA (3.85 GPA in major), Graduated Cum Laude, Dean’s List, Gamma Tau Sigma Senior Honor Society
Editor-in-Chief of Venue, the award-winning campus magazine; President of Cinema Workshop, the college film club.
iPhone Programming and Objective C — Big Nerd Ranch, Atlanta, GA
Multimedia Design and Production Center for Creative Imaging, Camden, ME
MacWorld 2002 — New York City
Flash Forward 2001 New York City
Gateway Regional H.S., Woodbury Heights, NJ
"Cippi Ciappi", An Italian Fable (editor)
Testing / Early Development
macOS Monterey, 12 betas (2021)
macOS Big Sur, 11 betas (2020)
macOS Catalina, 10.15 betas (2019)
Xcode 8.0 beta (2016)
macOS Sierra, version 10.12 and updates (2016)
Xcode 7.0 beta (2015)
Apple TV, 4th generation (2015)
OS X El Capitan, version 10.11 and updates (2015)
iPhone SDK 3.1 (2009)
iPhone SDK 3.0 (2009)
OS X 10.6 (2009)
iPhone SDK 2.0 (2008)
Macromedia MX (2001)
Macromedia Fireworks (2001)
Macromedia Flash 5 (2000)
Judged technology-based business plans submitted by students for the 2012 and 2013 Rowan Business Plan Competitions.
Charitable / Volunteer
- CreateAThon (2003-2012), visit www.createathon.com for details.
- CPR (2011), visit creativepartnersroundtable.blogspot.com for details.
- Spoke about interactive technology to students at William Allen Middle School, Moorestown, NJ as part of S.T.E.M. Day.
SJ UX Brew Meetup (2016 - present)
Interests include ice hockey, Italian longsword (HEMA), kick boxing, tennis, flag football, fencing, soccer, softball, biking, hiking, music, cooking, film and art. Certified Cub Scout Leader, Certified Soccer Coach, Street and Ice Hockey Coach.