Technologies:CSSDesignGoogle AnalyticsHTMLResponsiveSEO optimizationSocial mediaUI / UXWordPress
Site refreshes are a great way to quickly improve a site without spending a lot of money or taking a lot of time. In fact, they are roughly 80% less costly and time consuming then a full site redesign. And often, the beneficial results can be just as powerful as building a new site.
We completed two site refreshes for our long-time friend who owns an insurance group: the first site is for his home and auto insurance business, and the second for his marine speciality. Both are WordPress sites setup and designed by another web developer. While each served their purpose, we saw multiple opportunities to improve the clarity and impact of the sites.
Take a look at the Before / After screenshots for both sites and you'll notice multiple improvements that result in big impacts to the following areas:
- Improved overall site design with brighter and bolder color schemes
- Increased the size of site titles and body text for improved readability
- Improved site navigation with bolder menu text and added menu options
- Added CTA (Call To Action) buttons for quick navigation to services offered
- Added Testimonials page with positive quotes from customers
- Added Agents page with personalized content and direct contact info
- Updated Contact pages and improved online forms
- Added phone number and social media links to the top navigation bars for quick and consistent access
- Mobile optimizations so the sites look good and work well on mobile and tablet devices
- Optimized images to load quickly and increased resolution and clarity of subpar images
- Connected sites to Google Analytics to monitor traffic
- Added Facebook Feed Pro plugin to better control display and ensure it loads across all browsers
- Optimize site performance by removing unused themes and plugins, and enabled auto updates
Each refresh was completed in a less than a week at a very reasonable budget.
We also worked with the existing site content, so the only thing the client needed to do was provide testimonials.
Feedback was very positive from the owner, his employees and their customers. The end result was improved engagement with customers and clearer messaging — for far much less cost and time than a full redesign would require.
If you're interested in a refresh for your own site, Contact us for a free quote now!